GRL Announces Major Enhancements to 2nd Generation USB Power Delivery and Type-C™ Tester
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 12, 2018 – Granite River Labs (GRL), a global leader in engineering services and test solutions for connectivity, today announced major enhancements of their second generation USB Power Delivery (USB PD) and USB Type-C™ comprehensive test solution, GRL-USB-PD-C2 (GRL-C2). With these new enhancements, GRL-C2 is the only USB-IF approved USB PD solution for all three of the Communications Engine MOI, Deterministic MOI, and USB PD Specification Revision 3.0 USB-IF compliance program.
Released in 2017, GRL-C2 provides an automated, efficient, and fully-integrated platform to perform all required USB Power Delivery version 3.0 and 2.0 and related tests over the USB Type-C™ connector, as well as PHY test automation for USB Type-C™ Alternate Modes. GRL-C2 automates all required USB PD compliance tests for power providers (chargers), consumers, dual-role ports, and cable and adapter E-Markers. GRL-C2 also incorporates analyzer capability to sniff PD traffic.
“We are very pleased that our latest generation USB PD test solution has been officially approved for the major USB PD 3.0 and 2.0 compliance test items,” said Johnson Tan, GRL Co-Founder and CEO. “GRL-C2 successfully underwent extensive correlation and validation with the USB-IF to achieve this status. GRL-C2 customers can rest assured that they made a sound investment in the most proven and full-featured USB PD solution available.”
“GRL has deployed GRL-C2 to all of our labs – Santa Clara, Yokohama, Taipei, Shanghai, Dongguan, Bangalore, and Penang – as well as other official USB Independent Test Labs,” said Eugene Sushansky, GRL Director of Global Engineering. “GRL-C2 supports a comprehensive suite of USB PD compliance tests on a single platform, saving test time, debug effort, and equipment cost, helping USB PD adopters shorten time-to-market.”
Key features of GRL’s Second Generation USB Type-C™ and USB Power Delivery Tester and Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-C2):
- One solution to support all USB PD compliance test specifications and MOIs
- Supports all USB PD devices including cable and adapter E-Markers,
power providers (chargers), power consumers, and dual-role devices
- USB-IF compliance specifications supported:
- USB PD 3.0 tests
- USB PD 2.0 Power Delivery Test Plan – Communications Engine MOI
- USB PD 2.0 Power Delivery Test Plan – Deterministic MOI
- Source Power Test (SPT) – Including PPS Provider Voltage Step and Current Fold-back
- Type-C™ Functional tests USB PD power providers
- Integrated PHY Test Controller for USB Type-C™ DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3, and HDMI Alternate Mode testing
- Integrated AUX Controller for DisplayPort Source and Sink Physical
- Supports DisplayPort over USB Type C™ CTS Chapter 10 & Chapter 11 Alternate Mode Tests
- Supports Thunderbolt 3 Power Tests
- Provides two independent USB PD test ports with 240W Provider and 200W Consumer emulation
- Automatically generates comprehensive .pdf, .csv, and .xml test reports
More information is available at http://graniteriverlabs.com/usb-pd-c2/.
GRL-USB-PD-C2 can be ordered now, with discounts available for larger orders. Contact Granite River Labs.
About Granite River Labs (GRL)
The world’s leading Engineering Services and Test Automation Solutions firm for connectivity, GRL helps engineers solve tough design and validation challenges. GRL began in 2010 with a vision to provide affordable test services to help hardware developers implement digital interface technologies as they become faster, more complex, and more challenging to test. Today, GRL has worked with hundreds of companies from our worldwide test facilities and R&D centers. Learn more at http://graniteriverlabs.com/