The Philips HDMI Authorized Testing Centers (ATCs) hosted by Granite River Labs (GRL) provide official HDMI 1.4b, HDMI 2.1, HDCP 1.2, and HDCP 2.3 ATC certification testing services. HDMI and HDCP ATC certification testing services are currently offered in GRL’s Taiwan and Shanghai, China labs.
According to the High-Definition Media Interface (HDMI) Adopter’s agreement, in order to claim HDMI specification conformance or carry the HDMI logo, all products must undergo compliance testing as per the relevant HDMI CTS to help ensure the interoperability among devices from different manufacturers.
The GRL-Philips ATCs provide HDMI 2.1 and HDMI 1.4b certification testing services for the following types of products:
Additionally, the GRL-Philips ATCs provide HDCP certification testing services for Sources, Sinks, and Repeaters.’
HDMI test results are reported to both HDMI Licensing LLC and to the Adopter.
For more details about HDMI Compliance Testing, click here.
How to Apply
Are you already an HDMI Adopter and listed on the HDMI LA web site?
If Yes, please proceed to step-2. If No, please go to step-1.
Step1: How to become an Adopter
To apply for HDMI Compliance Testing, first the manufacturer needs to become an HDMI Adopter. For registration, please contact HDMI LA.
Step-2: How to place an order for testing at the GRL-Philips ATC
To order compliance testing at the GRL-Philips ATC, Adopter should complete the ATC Ordering Package which consists of the following documents:
ATC Service Agreement (for first time applicants)
HDMI Compliance Testing Application
Please download and complete all the enclosed documents and e-mail all files to GRL with “GRL-Philips HDMI ATC Service Request” in the subject line. Note your preferred ATC location.
For ATC test services pricing or any further information, please contact us
Step-3: Compliance testing procedure at GRL-Philips ATC
- Once your documents have been submitted, a confirmation will be emailed to you along with a proposal containing pricing and payment details.
- Submit a Purchase Order to the GRL business entity noted on your proposal.
- An invoice for testing services ordered will be emailed to the “bill to” contact provided in the Purchase Order.
- Remit payment – payment must be received prior to your scheduled test date.
- The test schedule depends on the number of output/input ports, category and function of the product.
- Credit card payment option is available for US customers only. Contact GRL directly for this option.
- Ship product to the GRL-Philips ATC, along with any ancillary material & equipment required to operate the product in a typical end-user environment.
- If your product supports HDCP, the product should be able to enable and disable HDCP. Otherwise, provide two devices: one enabled and one disabled. Cables only require (1) sample.
- The GRL-Philips ATC will issue test results to the Adopter once testing has completed and payment remitted.
In order for the GRL-Philips ATC to return your product we will need the following: carrier, acct#, declared value and HTS/ECCN codes. If you do not want your device to be returned GRL reserves the right to charge a disposal fee of up to $500.00 per device.
Step-4: Submitting results to HDMI LLC for logo
Once the Manufacturer receives the final test results from the GRL-Philips ATC, they should submit the report to HDMI Licensing LLC. HDMI Licensing LLC will acknowledge receipt of the test results indicating whether Adopter can ship the product with the HDMI logo.
|Contact GRL-Philips HDMI ATC:
To become an HDMI Adopter Contact: